Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another Great Industry Blog-Bill Brohaugh

I unearthed another industry treasure this weekend: Bill Brohaugh's Blog. Yep.

Some of you know I also participate in an interactive author blog called Seekerville. I know, I know...I've been cheating on you with another blog. But, my faithful readers, I hope you're partaking in both.

We had an exciting event Saturday in Seekerville. Not an earthquake. Not a bird. Not a plane, but Bill Brohaugh dropped by and commented on our blog!!! My post to be exact. My head is so big today, my husband will have to poke a pin in my temple and pop it to get me out the door.

Anywho, because Tina Russo (OUTSTANDING contest diva, author and all around great gal) recommended Bill's Write Tight book, I'm gonna order extra copies and probably give them away here and on Seekerville. Stay tuned for that. If you're attending my Late Night Chat with Steeple Hill editor Emily Rodmell and fellow author Dana Mentick at the Minneapolis ACFW conference in September, I will probably give a couple away there too.

In the meantime, check out
Bill's Blog Page. If his book is anything like his blog, it'll be a keeper. I have a feeling it's bent toward creative non-fiction--which I love.

If you're an aspiring author, or a reader in need of a daily dose of laughter, you'll want to bookmark Unfortunate English. Amazing discovery.

Link to order Bill Brohaugh's books.

To view the original Seeker post click here.

Scroll down sixty-something comments there to see Bill's excellent advice on seeking and destroying pet words.

Ironically, I spent all day Saturday conducting a search-and-destroy mission of the word "though." Camy Tang picked up on my overuse of that word when she shredded...errr...critted one of the books I'm about to turn in to my editor. Seems I have a pet phrase or a pet word that I get stuck on for each book I write. And it's never the same word or phrase. LOL!

BTW, she's about to hold an online synopsis class. Details and link to follow Monday. In the meantime, check out Bill's blog and fork over the dough to snag his book, Write Tight. In addition to being an author, he has been an editor for Writer's Digest and other popular publications.

Cheryl Wyatt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, you're too kind. I'm honored and humbled, and I look forward to chatting with you good folks on Seekerville. Thanks again.

--Bill

Anita Mae Draper said...

pndHey Cheryl, speaking of Seekerville, I have a question about contests but don't know where to ask it.

Actually, I have more than one.

Could you recommend someplace I can go to have all my contest questions answered?

Please and thank you.

Oh - the kids are still talking about the 'Wash the cat and toilet at the same time' post. :)

Have a God day.

Anonymous said...

I love when you call me a diva. I am wearing my crown all day in honor of you.

Anita Mae..go to Seekerville. Ask the questions. We will give you 15 unbaised answers.

Tina

Camy Tang said...

Thanks for spreading the word about my class! Here's the direct link:
Story Sensei Synopsis online class
Camy

Anita Mae Draper said...

Tina - Seekerville is a regular stop for me.

However, there are always different blog topics. I don't see a spot where I can pop in at any time and ask a question that is off the day's topic.

Christa Allan said...

Thanks for the heads up on Bill's blog and book!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I have Brohaugh's Write Tight, but sadly, it's still spanking new. It's on my to-study list. I believe Colleen Coble or Deb Raney highly recommended it on the ACFW loop and I purchased it shortly after reading the high praise.

How does one ever get through all the helpful resources out there?

Cheryl, your post on Seekerville was awesome. I was offline for a while there, but scanned the posts I missed and really learned from yours. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

I'm looking forward to Camy's synopsis course. You Seekers rock with all the help you offer!